Tuesday, June 27, 2006

words and madness

these are things I wrote in my notebook for no particular reason



i don't consider myself a writer but instead a word scientist. I like to contemplate the meaning of words by juxtaposing them with other words, making experience explicit, readable and unknown- narrative-non-narrative

the only way to figure out how they work is by taking them apart, putting them under a microscope and taking note of the results. and the writing down of observations is the what it is to actually preserve the moments which would otherwise be fleeting allowing another to observe the world as you do...or don't

perhaps the smell of fried chicken on the subway is significant because I recall thinking about the smell of fried chicken while on the bus. This time the smell is accompanied by the smell of french fries and a hint of ketchup.

I think the bloody mary kicked in a while ago

the door opens and closes again

the train finally moves

i need to take a shower



eagle

signified
for the first time
I ever saw you
fall down

It was funny
at first
but now I see
It can't hurt
I want to see
the ground
pulling pulling
down

something was lost
a long time ago
but now its still
lost

It was here
and it was there
but now it can't be
found

settle this money
solve this door
another poor excuse



patience

the stalagtites were hanging from
blank avocados
the shores were blue
conceived at a reasonable lover
they still complained

help yourself
be rude
don't worry about it
self-absorbed
I went home
expecting more
don't look at me that way
I love you

go
go away
go there
come back
live here
celebrate
celebrations
reasons?
excuses are for lovers
thank you,