Wednesday, April 19, 2006

to my female readership...

arnheim has been thinking...
after being given the advice, "you know you should really think about using your sexuality to your advantage"
...about not being so shy and having a portrait on myself on my profile.

I usually don't because I think its an act of vanity...
but if it is then so what?

keeping a blog is already pretty damn vain!

most of the returning visitors are female...maybe one to one-half of
them might find me moderately attractive.

What harm can come of it?

a) I am ugly and told so and my feelings are hurt for a shorter period of time than the last time I was told that.

b) It doesn't work and my female readership will know how unnattractive i am and therefore never return.

c) The pictures posted fail at representing my good side and an ugly, misrepresenting picture
of me is on the internet for anyone to see.

d) i can't think about anything else so please feel free to add on to this list.

What good can come of it?

a) all these women think i'm sexy and come check to see what i'm up to and they tell their
friends and female readership increases ten-fold

b) i meet a possible future mate

c) althought they find me unnattractive a level of admiration for my bravery increases
regular visits from female readership.

d) i can't think about anything else so please feel free to create a d-answer for me.

Ok, only answer if you are a girl or a woman.
If my comment box is empty (likely scenario) I will take it the constituency does not
care and therefore it was a stupid thought.

I'll check back in two days...

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

Is this for real?

I'm the poster child of ugly-woman-in-glasses-and-a-retainer. It is what it is. Post and be done with it.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Mona Buonanotte said...

Oh hells yeah, post a picture!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ruettimann said...

The camera is hot.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Bored Housewife said...

Don't assume we're all so shallow, silly boy. Blogs are such a great way to paint a full picture of you are, and adding a photo will give your current admirers more of the puzzle.

Take a deep breath, and just do it. I remember the first time I crossed that line. It is a bit scary, because you feel like people already have a certain perception of you and all those awful "what if"s pour in. Just do it. You'll feel better. And I'm verrry curious.

p.s. did you change your URL? I was juuust about to link you, but is this the one I should use?

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home